Actidil (Triprolidine HCI) is an anti-allergic histamine H1 receptor antagonist and is indicated for the symptomatic relief of allergic conditions including rhinitis and dermatological conditions.
Normally responsive to antihistamines including allergic skin reaction e.g. urticarial.
This medicine is contraindicated in individuals with known hypersensitivity to triprolidine.
Each package contains a bottle with 60ml in a form of liquid.
Each 5ml contains:
Triprolidine HCL U.S.P 1.25mg.
Actidil syrup is used for:
- Common cold.
- Hay fever.
- Nasal congestion etc.
To be taken 3 or 4 times daily.
- Adults and children aged 12 years and over: 2 teaspoonful (10ml).
- 6-12 years: 1 teaspoonful (5ml).
- 2-5 years: ½ teaspoon (2.5ml).
- 6 months to less than 2 years: ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml).
- A physician advice should be obtained before administering to children aged less than one year.
Use only on medical advice.
Actidil may cause: (drowsiness, skin rashes, nausea, vomiting, Fever).
If any of these side effects occur and worsen so contact your doctor immediately.
Precautions and Warning
Before using Actidil:
- Patients should not drive or operate machinery until they have determined their own response because it may cause drowsiness.
- User should avoid the concomitant use of alcohol or other sedatives.
- Caution should be exercised in the presence of severe renal or hepatic impairment.
- Store below 30°C.
- Protect from light and sun.
- Keep medicine away from children reach.
- To be sold on the prescription of a registered medical practitioner only.
For oral use only.
Manufactured by: GlaxoSmithKline Pakistan Limited
You can buy Actidil online at the links below:
BY: NASIHA GUL.