Bestrix (Ceftriaxone sodium USP) injection contains 1000mg of ceftriaxone for intravenous use only. It is a long-acting, broad-spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic.
This injection is used to treat certain infections caused by bacteria.
It mainly treats gonorrhea (a sexually transmitted disease), pelvic inflammatory disease (infection of the female reproductive organs that may cause infertility), meningitis (infection of the membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord).
One vial of 1000mg ceftriaxone as ceftriaxone sodium (USP) and one ampoule of 10ml sterile water for injection as solvent.
Each vial of 250mg, 500mg, and 1g contains:
- Ceftriaxone sodium USP eq. to ceftriaxone 250mg, 500mg, and 1g respectively.
See package insert for full prescribing information or as directed by the physician.
Ceftriaxone is indicated for the treatment of the following infections:
- Respiratory tract infections.
- Skin and skin structure infections.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Bone and joint infections.
- Typhoid fever.
- Lyme diseases.
- Combined renal and hepatic dysfunction.
- Hypersensitivity to ceftriaxone or any of its components.
- Bestrix should not be used during pregnancy.
- Store below 30°C.
- Protect from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Hypersensitivity reactions may occur in a susceptible organism.
- Prolonged use of ceftriaxone may result in the overgrowth of non-susceptible organisms.
- During prolonged treatment, the blood profiles should be checked at regular intervals.
It is manufactured by PHARMEVO (Pvt.) Ltd: https://pharmevo.biz
You can buy this drug online by going to the link below: https://medicalstore.com.pk
By: Tayyaba Zareen