Cicatrin powder is very effective for minor cuts, burns, and abrasions. This powder inhibits the growth of bacteria and is, therefore, an effective anti-bacterial agent when used on cuts and wounds, as it kills the bacteria cells.
It is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline.
Each packet contains 20g of Cicatrin powder.
- Neomycin Sulphate BP 3300 units per gram.
- Bacitracin Zinc BP 250 units per gram.
Prophylaxis in minor burns, cuts, scratches, abrasions, and following the suturing of lacerations, infected ulcers, superficial skin infections following surgical procedures, impetigo, and secondarily infected skin conditions.
Dosage & Administrations:
- For external use only.
- For adults: 1-4 times/day.
- Treatment should not be continued for >7 days without medical supervision.
- Not recommended for 2<yrs. old.
- Caution should be exercised in cases where a decrease in renal function exists, and significant systematic absorption of neomycin sulphate may occur.
Allergic hypersensitivity may occur.
Precautions & Warnings:
- The recommended dosage should not be exceeded.
- As with other antibacterial preparations, prolonged use may result in overgrowth by non-susceptible organisms including fungi.
- It is not recommended during pregnancy and lactation.
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from light.
- Use only medical advice.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of the children.
For further information and to buy this powder online, go to the link below:
By: Tayyaba Zareen