Domel (Domperidone maleate) tablet is used to treat indigestion, nausea, and vomiting.
This medication increases the movement of food through the stomach and intestines, thus relieving bloating, fullness, and gastrointestinal discomfort.
- The dyspeptic symptom complex that is often associated with delayed gastric emptying, gastro-esophageal reflux and oesophagitis:
- Epigastric sense of fullness, early satiety, feeling of abdominal distension, upper abdominal pain.
- Bloating, eructation, flatulence.
- Nausea, and vomiting.
- Heart burn with or without regurgitations of gastric contents in the mouth.
- Nausea and vomiting of functional, organic, infectious or dietetic origin or induced by radiotherapy or drug therapy. A specific indication is nausea and vomiting induced by dopamine agonists.
Each packet contains 50 tablets of Domel.
Each tablet contains:
- Domperidone maleate B.P. equivalent to
10 mg Domperidone.
Dosage: As described by the physacain.
- For chronic conditions:
Adults: 10mg (1 tablet or 10ml suspension), 3 times daily.
Children: 2.5mg per 10kg body weight (2.5ml suspension per 10kg body weight), 3 times daily.
- For acute or subacute conditions:
Adults: 20mg (2 tablets or 20ml suspension), 3-4 times daily.
Children: 5mg per 10kg body weight (5ml suspension per 10kg body weight), 3-4 times daily.
Domel is contraindicated in patients:
- With known intolerance to the drug or in conditions where stimulation of gastric motility might be dangerous e.g. in the presence of gastro-intestinal obstruction.
Domperidone should not be taken simultaneously with antacids and anti-secretary agents.
- Store below 30°C.
- Protect from light and moisture.
- Use only on medical advice.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- For oral use only.
It is manufactured by BARRETT HODGSON PAKISTAN (Pvt) Ltd.
You can buy this drug online, by going to the link below:
By: Tayyaba Zareen