DURICEF (Cefadroxil) capsule is a cephalosporin-type antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial infections such as strep throat, skin, and urinary tract infections.
Cefadroxil may also be prescribed for certain penicillin-allergic patients who suffer from a heart condition and are undergoing a dental or upper respiratory tract procedure to prevent them from acquiring a heart valve infection.
For the treatment of the following infections when due to susceptible microorganisms:
- Upper, and lower respiratory infections.
- Skin and soft tissue infections.
- Urinary tract infection.
- Other infections: osteomyelitis and septic arthritis.
Each package includes 12 capsules of DURICEF (500 mg).
Each capsule contains Cefadroxil Monohydrate equivalent to 500mg Cefadroxil U.S.P.
- To be used as directed by the physician. For further details see information leaflets.
Overdosage may intensify the adverse effects, especially in patients prone to gastrointestinal disorders.
- No antidote exists and treatment should be symptomatic.
- For absorption of quantities greater than 250mg/ kg, it is recommended to perform emesis induction.
DURICEF is contraindicated in hypersensitivity to cefadroxil, to any of the excipients of the medicinal product, or to beta-lactam antibiotics.
- Store at controlled room temperature (15-30°C).
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
- For oral use only.
It is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline Pakistan Limited: https://pk.gsk.com
You can buy this drug online, by going to the link below: https://www.emeds.pk
By: Tayyaba Zareen