Epival CR (Divalproex Sodium) is a controlled released tablet equivalent to Valproic Acid. This drug belongs to a group of anticonvulsants or anti-epileptics drugs. This medication is mainly used to treat epilepsy. It is also effective in migraine headaches.
Each package contains 50 tablets of Epival CR (500mg).
Each film tab tablet contains:
- Divalproex Sodium equivalent to
- Valproic Acid U.S.P. 500mg.
See enclosed leaflet.
Epival CR is indicated for the treatment of:
- Mental illness.
Note: valproate injection is indicated as an intravenous alternative in patients for whom oral administration of valproate products is temporarily not feasible.
- The Epival CR drug should not be administered to patients with hepatic disease or significant hepatic dysfunction.
- It is also contraindicated in a patient known to have mitochondrial disorders caused by a mutation in mitochondrial DNA polymerase. And for those patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug.
Warning for women and girls:
- This medicine can seriously harm an unborn baby. Always use effective contraception during your treatment.
- If you are thinking about becoming pregnant, or you become pregnant talk to your doctor straight away.
- Do not stop taking this medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
- Dispensing on prescription.
- Store below 30°C.
- Keep out of reach of children.
It is manufactured by Abbott Pharma (Pvt.) Ltd. https://www.pk.abbott
You can buy this drug online at: https://nexthealth.pk
By: Tayyaba Zareen