GEN-M (Artesunate) is an antimalarial agent that is used as an injection.
It is ideal for the treatment of severe malaria, including cerebral malaria. It is also active against chloroquine and mefloquine resistant strains of P.falciparum.
It is unstable in neutral solution and is therefore only available for injections as arsenic acid.
GEN-M (injection) is used in the treatment of cerebral malaria and the emergency treatment of various critical cases.
The pack included:
- 0.5ml ampoule of sodium Bicarbonate Injection U.S.P. 5% w/v.
- 2.5ml ampoule of sodium chloride Injection U.S.P. 0.9% w/v.
Each vial contains:
- Artesunate Ph. Int. 30mg.
As directed by the physician.
Artesunate is a white crystalline powder.
- Parenteral artesunate should be used for the treatment of severe falciparum malaria only where there is evidence that the antimalarial efficacy of quinine is declining.
Usage in pregnancy:
- Artesunate should not be used during the first trimester of pregnancy.
GEN-M is contraindicated in patients with prior hypersensitivity to artesunate or artemisinin derivatives.
- Dosage as directed by the physician.
- Store below 30°C.
- Protect from heat, light & moisture.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
- For detailed information see package insert.
- To be sold on the prescription of a registered medical practitioner only.
It is manufactured by GENIX PHARMA (PTV) LTD; https://www.genixpharma.com
You can buy this drug online, by going to the link below: https://medicalstore.com.pk
By: Tayyaba Zareen