Grasil (Amikacin sulphate) injection BP Specs is for intramuscular or slow intravenous use preferably intramuscular.
This injection is used to treat certain serious infections that are caused by bacteria such as meningitis and infections of the blood, abdomen (stomach area), lungs, skin, bones, joints, and urinary tract.
Each package contains 100mg (each 2ml) injection of Grasil.
Each 2ml contains:
- Amikacin sulphate USP
Equivalent to Amikacin 100mg.
- As directed by the physician.
- For intravenous administration, it is to be diluted with compatible sterile diluent and administered slowly.
- With the passage of time injection may become pale yellow, this does not indicate a decrease in potency.
Grasil injection is indicated for:
- Bacterial septicemia.
- Serious respiratory tract infection.
- Bones and joints.
- Central nervous system.
- Skin, and soft tissues.
- Intra-abdominal infections.
Hypersensitivity to amikacin and aminoglycosides.
The severe or irreversible adverse effects of amikacin, which give rise to further complications, include nephrotoxicity, neuromuscular blockage, and renal tubular acidosis.
- Store between 15 to 30°C.
- Avoid exposure to heat, light, and freezing.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Improper storage may deteriorate the medicine.
Warning: To be sold on prescription of a registered medical practitioner.
Injection should not be used if the container is leaking, the solution is cloudy, or it contains undissolved particles.
It is manufactured by SAMI Pharmaceuticals (Pvt.) Ltd. http://www.samipharmapk
You can buy this drug online at: https://www.emeds.pk
By: Tayyaba Zareen