Iboxime (Cefixime) is a cephalosporin antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial infections. This medication does not cure viral infections such as flu, common cold, fever.
It inhibits the growth of diseases causing pathogens including streptococcus pneumonia, Escherichia coli.
It is indicated for the treatment of the following acute infections when caused by a susceptible microorganism.
- Upper respiratory tract infection, e.g. Otitis media, Sinusitis.
- Lower respiratory tract infection, e.g. Bronchitis.
- Urinary tract infection, e.g. Cystitis.
Each packet contains 5 capsules of Iboxime (400mg).
Each capsule contains:
- Trihydrate eq to
- Cefixime 400mg.
As directed by the physician.
The most frequent side effects seen with this drug are diarrhea, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, vomiting, and stool changes. In some cases, dizziness, and headache have been reported.
This drug is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to cephalosporin antibiotics.
- There is no experience with overdoses of Iboxime adverse reaction seen at dose levels up to 2gm.
- However. Gastric lavage may on initiated in overdosage.
- Store below 30°C.
- To be sold on the prescription of a registered medical practitioner only.
- Keep out of the reach of the children.
It is manufactured by HORIZON HEALTHCARE (Pvt.) Ltd.
You can buy this drug online, by going to the link below:
By: Tayyaba Zareen