Iodex (iodine + Methyl Salicylate) is an externally applied ointment (gel). It is like a medicine used to relieve muscles pain.
28g CMS Ointment in a glass bottle.
Resublimed iodine BP 4 % w/w.
Methyl Salicylate BP 5 % w/w in a petroleum base.
The dose is prescribed by the physician.
Use as directed by the physician.
May be used externally with advantage in many conditions requiring a soothing and penetrating balm. Where the skin is unbroken, rub in gently until the color disappears.
It relieves the internal pain of muscles and tendons.
Where bandages are employed over the ointment, they should be light and loose, neither tight nor air-excluding.
- Store in cool place having no direct exposure to sun.
- Use for external purposes only.
- Do not use near eyes, mouth and on sensitive areas.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Apply on dry skin.
- Do not apply on operated areas or bruises until it is directed to do so by the physician.
Using this ointment can cause itching in meantime at the applied area.
If applied to any bruise or wound, it can cause irritation and pain.
Iodine can react negatively to the skin of some patients.
Contact the doctor immediately if the patient feels any adverse effect or hypersensitivity.
Iodex is manufactured by GSK (GlaxoSmithKline).
Buy online at.
By: Nosheen Khan