Irozaf (iron-III Hydroxide polymaltose complex) syrup is used to prevent and treat all kinds of iron deficiencies particularly IDA.
Normally responsible to treat the iron deficiency in adolescents and adults where the use of ferrous iron supplements is not tolerated, or otherwise inappropriate.
This medicine contains iron in the form of iron Polymaltose.
Each package contains a plastic bottle with 60ml in a form of syrup. It is also available in 50mg/5ml.
Each 5ml contains:
Iron-III Hydroxide polymaltose complex eq. to elemental Iron 50mg.
(As per innovator’s specification).
Irozaf syrup is used for:
- To treat all kind of iron deficiency.
|Infant (up to 1 year)||2.5-5ml daily.|
|Children (1-12 years)||5-10ml daily.|
|Adults and nursing women||10-30ml daily.|
|Pregnant women||20-30ml daily.|
Or as directed by the physician.
Iron overload (e.g haemochromatosis, haemosiderosis) or disturbances in iron utilization (e.g lead anemia, sideroachrestic anemia, thalassaemia) and anemias not caused by iron deficiency (Haemolytic anemia).
Irozaf may cause many side effects:
- Abdominal pain.
- Skin rash.
If any of these side effects occur and worsen so contact your doctor immediately.
Precautions and Warning
Before using it:
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to iron polymaltose or any other ingredient in irozaf.
- In case of anemia due to infection or malignancy, the substituted iron is stored in the reticuloendothelial system from which it is mobilized only after correcting the primary disease.
- Store between 30°C.
- Shake well before use.
- Protect from light and sun.
- Keep medicine away from children reach.
- To be sold on the prescription of a registered medical practitioner only.
Manufactured by: ZAFA Pharmaceutical Laboratories (Pvt) Ltd.
You can buy Irozaf online at the link below:
BY: NASIHA GUL.