Melukast (Montelukast Sodium) is an Antiasthma/Anti-allergic rhinitis & used to prevent the symptoms of asthma. It is usually prescribed when asthma is mild.
The active ingredient present in this tablet helps control rhinitis symptoms like stuffy nose, runny nose, and itching of the nose.
This drug is indicated in adults and pediatric patients 2 years of age and older to relieve daytime and night-time symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis.
Each packet contains 14 tablets of Melukast.
Each film-coated tablet contains:
Montelukast Sodium is equivalent to.
- Montelukast 10mg.
For adults: one 10mg tablet daily.
For pediatric patients: one 5mg tablet daily.
- There have been reports of acute overdosage in children in post-marketing experience to at least 150 mg/day with Melukast.
- The most frequent adverse experiences observed were thirst, drowsiness, hyperkinesia, and abdominal pain.
- The adverse reactions produced by Melukast are more or less tolerable, and if they become severe, they can be treated symptomatically.
- It includes headache, restlessness, abdominal pain, and allergy.
Hypersensitivity to any component of this product.
- Use as prescribed by the physician.
- Don’t store above 30°C.
- Keep out of the reach of the children.
It is manufactured by Arsons Pharmaceutical Industries Limited.
You can buy this drug online, by going to the link below:
By: Tayyaba Zareen