Neucef (Cefadroxil) is used against the treatment of bacterial infections like skin, throat, tonsils, and urinary tract.
It works by killing the bacteria and hence relieving the symptoms. The main component of this medicine is Cefadroxil belongs to the class of medications called cephalosporin.
The package comes with 12 capsules each of 500mg.
Each capsule contains:
Cefadroxil Monohydrate USP eq. to Cefadroxil 500mg.
The recommended dosage of Neucef is 2 to 4 capsules as a single daily dose or in two divided doses.
Or as prescribed by your physician.
It can cause some allergic reactions like:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Diarrhea and nausea are also complained by the patients.
Inform your doctor if this happens, an alternate medicine might be advised.
Before taking this medicine, patients must inform their doctor about their medical history, especially if they have
- Renal (kidney) impairments
- Hypersensitivity to penicillin
- GI (stomach) Disturbance
- Asthma (breathing problems)
- Store it at room temperature. Protect from direct heat, sunlight and moisture.
- Keep all the medicines out of the reach of the children.
- Don’t chew the tablets or capsules.
You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to cefadroxil or other cephalosporin antibiotics (cefdinir, cephalexin, Keflex, Omnicef, and others). Tell your doctor if you have ever had an allergy to any drug.
Neucef is manufactured by SAMI Pharmaceuticals (Pvt.) Ltd.
You can buy it online at https://dvago.pk
By: Hamna Ghufran