Otosporin ear drops are used for inflamed infected ears. It is also used for the treatment of outer ear infections (also known as swimmer’s ear) caused by bacteria.
This mediation contains neomycin and polymyxin, which are antibiotics that work by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Each package of otosporin contains an ear drop plastic bottle of 5ml.
Polymyxin B sulphate B.P 10,000 units.
Neomycin sulphate B.P 3,400 units.
Hydrocortisone Acetate B.P 10mg.
It can be used to:
- This drop is used to treat outer ear infection caused by bacteria.
- Stopping growth of bacteria.
- Reduce ear swelling and discomfort.
The otosporin may cause certain side effects:
- Allergic reactions.
These are occasionally been reported when otosporin gained access to the middle ear.
If you notice any of these side effects tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Dosage and Administration
3 drops 3 or 4 times daily into the affected ear.
Treatment should not be continued for >7 days. Not suitable for use in children (<2 years).
Use at advised by the physician/doctor.
Prolonged use may result in:
- Overgrowth of nonsusceptible organisms, including fungi.
- Hydrocortisone may mask the allergic effects produced by any components of otosporin ear drops.
- Not use for more than 7 days.
- If you have allergy problems, inform your doctor.
- Consult your doctor before using otosporin 5ml if you are pregnant and breastfeeding .etc
Use only on medical advice:
- Store below 30°C.
- Shake well before use.
- Protect from light and sun.
- Keep medicine away from children reach.
- For oral use only.
For further information refer to the company.
Manufactured by: GlaxoSmithKline Pakistan Limited.
You can buy otosporin at the link below:
BY: NASIHA GUL.