Ryxon (Ceftriaxone for injection USP) 1 gram IV is a broad-spectrum antibiotic injection. The active ingredient Ceftriaxone is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections.
This medication belongs to a class of drugs known as cephalosporin antibiotics. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Each package contains 1g of IV Ryxon injection.
Each vial contains:
- Ceftriaxone 1g.
(As Ceftriaxone sodium USP).
Dosage: As directed by the physician.
Direction for use:
1 Ampoule of 10ml sterile water for injection is provided in the pack to prepare Ryxon for IV administration.
Infections caused by pathogens sensitive to Ceftriaxone:
- Abdominal infection.
- Infections of the bones, joints, soft tissues, skin, and wounds.
- Infection in patients with an impaired defense mechanism.
- Renal and urinary tract infections.
- Respiratory tract infections, particularly pneumonia, and ear, nose, and throat infections.
- Genital infections including gonorrhea.
It is generally well tolerated. During the use of this injection the following side effects, which were reversible either spontaneously or after withdrawing of the drug, have been observed.
Systematic side effects:
- Gastrointestinal complaints (about 2% of cases), loose stools or diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomatitis, and glossitis.
- Hematological changes (about 2%), eosinophilia, leukopenia, granulocytopenia, hemolytic anemia, skin reactions (about 1%).
- Keep all medicines out of reach of children.
- Store at temperature 15 to 30°C away from light and moisture.
- For detailed information see inert.
- To be sold on prescription of a registered medical practitioner.
It is manufactured by Brookes Pharma (Pvt.) Ltd. https://www.brookes
You can buy this drug online at: https://medicalstore.com.pk
By: Tayyaba Zareen