Xinoxy (Oxytetracycline-Polymyxin B) Sterile eye ointment used for ocular functions.
It is used for the treatment of superficial ocular infections involving the conjunctiva, cornea caused by Oxytetracycline & polymyxin B-sulphate susceptible organisms.
It is particularly effective against pseudomonas aeruginosa and Koch-weeks bacillus, frequently found in local infections of the eye.
Xinoxy eye ointment is available as a sterile ointment 3gm in an ophthalmic tube (gamma irradiated).
Each gram contains:
Oxytetracycline HCL U.S.P 5mg
Polymyxin B Sulphate U.S.P 10,000 units
Indications: For the treatment of local eye infections due to susceptible organisms.
Dosage and Administration:
- Applyone cm ribbon of the ointment into the lower conjunctival sac of the affected eye(s) 2-4 times a day, depending on the severity of the infection.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before applying the tube.
- Prevent contamination of the tip of the tube while applying the ointment.
- The exact dosage of xinoxy 3g is as prescribed by your doctor.
- For external use only. On prescription only.
- Xinoxy eye ointment can be used within 4 weeks after opening.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Keep away from sunlight and moisture, and store it in a cool and dry place.
This eye ointment is well tolerated by epithelial membranes and other tissues of the eye. Allergic inflammatory reactions due to individual hypersensitivity are rare. However, common side effects of xinoxy 3g are:
- Sensitivity to sun
This medicine is contraindicated to those individuals who have shown hypersensitivity to any of its components.
Manufacturer and Buy Online:
This medicine is manufactured by: REMINGTON PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES (PVT) LTD. https://www.remingtonpharma
Buy Online: The tube is available online at: https://khalidpharmacy
By: Aliya Siddiqua